The Program Assistant will play an important role in ensuring that the virtual life environment is a constructive, productive, and positive learning experience for all participating students.
- Organize the development of social and team-building activities; and assume leadership role
- Hosting live interactive workshops once a week
- Update and share useful resources available to students during the summer session and after
- Will plan and lead educational, social and cultural activities. Develop and maintain relationships with residents and SEBS EOF Staff
- Work alongside Resident Life Coordinator on connecting and coordinating alumni sessions
- Specifically, with marketing and social media material
- Respond to crises and emergencies as directed in established protocols or as directed by supervisor or other SEBS EOF staff
- Advise and report to the Residence Life coordinator, the director, and/or the appropriate staff of any disciplinary, emotional, or academic problem a student may be having as soon as you are aware of the problem
- Attend staff meeting with the SEBS EOF staff members and any additional meetings called by the SEBS EOF administrators
- Attend staff meetings, training sessions, and individual meetings with or in the absence of the supervisor
The Virtual Mentor is an extension of the summer professional staff responsible for promoting community building.
- Building meaningful relationships with every program participant
- Serve as a resource for general questions and concerns
- Conduct weekly one on one meetings
- Develop, plan, and implement programming
- Encourage acceptance and promote inclusiveness
- Communicate with program assistant and program coordinator
- Consistently check and maintain email
- Maintain consistency and fairness when dealing with all students in the summer programs
Applications will be open until positions are filled.