The SEBS EOF program believes that our students are responsible for their personal growth, development, and education. They possess a great capacity to make positive, adaptive changes in their educational development. The role of the office is to serve as a supportive and professional resource to assist students in navigating the complexities of life at the Rutgers School of Environmental and Biological Sciences.
Program services and activities encourage each student’s need to understand what is required to succeed in college and develop an accurate view of her or his personal skills and strengths. The Rutgers School of Environmental and Biological Sciences EOF staff will guide and direct, inform and instruct, encourage and support students as they progress towards graduation.
Each student is assigned to an EOF counselor who serves to facilitate the student’s progress towards meeting their educational objectives. Counselors assist students with:
- Understanding first-year placements and curriculum requirements
- Identifying a major that best suits their individual strengths and interests
- Selecting courses that will facilitate timely completion of graduation requirements
- Completion of graduate and professional school applications
- Realizing and acting upon their civic duty to local and national communities
- Preparation for active participation in a globally competitive workforce