We are a community of students who support the mission and goals of EOF through promoting awareness, encouraging involvement and supporting one another. Our members serve as ambassadors, reaching out to other current and future EOF students.
The C.O.S.I.N.E. Club is a community of Rutgers University students. Its mission is to promote student involvement in higher education by endorsing participation in programs designed to facilitate the goals and objectives of the EOF state program. The organization promotes awareness, retention, graduation and post baccalaureate achievement in the areas of math and science, while encouraging student support of each other.
Goals and Objectives
The C.O.S.I.N.E. Club seeks to:
- Increase faculty, staff and administration awareness of the contributions of EOF and its student population to the University, local and national community
- Strengthen campus-based programming to meet the needs of disadvantaged student populations who are considering Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM) majors
- Increase the number of EOF students who will participate in research activities designed to promote student attainment of post-baccalaureate degrees in STEM majors
- Serve as leaders and role models, on and off campus, seeking opportunities to assist the campus and surrounding communities in promoting STEM careers
- Serve as a network of students who will encourage and support each other’s persistence through graduation
- Work to affect change in student perceptions of STEM majors and lend support through ongoing educational initiatives